When it comes to losing weight and keeping it off, a key factor is excitement. You must get overexcited about losing weight and getting in shape. Many experts tell us that our minds don’t necessarily know the difference between what we believe is true and what is actually factual. Therefore, by getting overexcited about weight loss in the initial phases, we will see the pounds begin to melt off.
This occurs because a negative outlook causes excitement to fade. When this happens, we tend to lose our motivation, which makes it harder to do what needs to be done to reach our goals. In this way, your negative outlook becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. That is not to say, that every moment has to be gleeful and cheerful, however if you equate exercises and eating right with torture, shedding those unwanted pounds will not be easy. If you are looking for a fun way to get excited, join Australian online for an entertaining way to pass the time.
In the beginning stages of your weight loss plan, it is important to be fired-up and excited to get over the initial challenges and struggles of losing weight. Don’t think you can muster up this emotion? Check out the following ideas to help you get excited about weight loss.
1. Focus on your prioritiesIt is important that you know the reason that you are getting healthy; whether it be:
• Improving your social life
• Adding years to your life
• Looking better
• Feeling better
Regardless of your reasons, you must keep them at the forefront of your mind to keep your level of excitement up. This can be easily accomplished with the help of a calendar tool by simply adding your weight loss reminders (this includes the reasons for your goal) to your daily agenda. In this way, when you wake up the calendar program will send you a reminder.
2. Clue other like-minded people into your plansAn easy way to maintain motivation and excitement about your goals is to work with others, like your family members, friends, coworkers, etc. Invite them to go healthy food shopping with you or perhaps you would like to meet up once a week at the local coffee shop to discuss your progress. You can even exercise together.
3. Start a fitness blog. A blog is the perfect vehicle to “talk” to thousands of people about your weight loss efforts. However, it doesn’t matter if only a few people are reading it; the important thing is that you are writing it. In this way, you will be able to get your thoughts, feelings, and fears out of your mind. You might even be able to help someone else who is having the exact issues that you already overcame.
4. Use positive affirmations help to “train” our brains to think from a certain perspective. In fact, this tool is used by many psychologists as a way to help their patients improve their self-esteem. You must declare the day that you want to have in a positive and realistic manner. However, for your affirmation to work you must say it every day and out loud.
For example, an affirmation that you can use in the mornings is:
“Today I will exercise at least 30 minutes and eat less than 2000 calories because I want to look good by this summer.”
By saying affirmations in this way, you will be training your brain to believe in your goals.