There are many well-known reasons which trigger depression like grief, trauma, unemployment and financial troubles to name a few. But in case you’re depressed and you see that none of the aforementioned reasons apply to you, it could be pretty hard to point out a specific cause. Depression may adversely affect your entire lifestyle and it can slow down your state of progress. If you’re wondering about the particular reason behind suffering from depression, you can read on to know some of the most surprising and amazing reasons behind being depressed. Check them out.
- Summer weather: Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is the most commonly associated reason for depression and this is usually associated with winter blues. Reports suggest that this strikes about 5% of Americans. But among that 5%, less than 1% of these people suffer from this kind of depression during summer. When the body goes through a delay in adjusting to changing seasons, the mind slips into a state of depression.
- Smoking: Can you imagine smoking being linked to depression? Although this is a chicken-egg scenario, people who are prone to shopping are more likely to derive depression from this habit. Nicotine is known to have an impact on the neurotransmitter activity in the brain, which results in high levels of serotonin and dopamine. You can well explain the addictive nature of the drug and hence you can understand the depression that can arise due to withdrawal. That’s why some peole have opt in to use those new vaping devices nowadays to vape herbs than can help them with mood disorders. St. John’s Wort, is an herbal remedy that has long been used in Europe as a treatment for mood disorders. Just make sure you have a reliable vaporizer to use it for – Click to go this site to learn more about herbal vaping.
- Thyroid: When the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough of thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism and depression is one such symptoms related to this disease. This hormone has multiple functions among which one is to act as a neurotransmitter and regulate the serotonin levels. Hence if you suddenly experience signs of depression due to unknown reasons, you can get a thyroid test It is curable.
- Disturbed sleep: It is not at all a surprising reason because we all are aware that sleep deprivation can cause depression and irritation. When healthy people are deprived of sleep, their brain starts malfunctioning as their body parts don’t get the required rest. Their reaction is similar to that of all depressed patients. Hence, if you don’t sleep, your brain doesn’t get enough time to replenish the brain cells and hence it stops functioning in a good way. This could be a valid reason that leads to depression.
- Too much of Facebook: Have you been spending too much time in chat rooms and on the social media? According to a number of studies, the internet addicts can struggle with actual and real life human interaction and lack of companionship as they start having an illogical and impractical view of the world. This in turn leads to depression. If you can’t reduce the time that you spend online, you will never be able to cure depression.
Therefore, if you’re someone who is suffering from acute depression, derive the reason behind it and immediately treat yourself. Visit your psychiatrist and get help.