When it comes to your health and fitness, the most important thing is prevention. Everyone goes to their doctor and nutritionist when suffering from health issues, but the trick is to prevent the problem before it gets any further. ‘How can I do it?’ Is the question asked by many. This involves awareness and knowledge on the subject. You must analyze your diet habits and the way your body is reacting to food.
According to BBC News, the total number of people suffering from obesity in the world has crossed 2.1 billion and the rate keeps on increasing. The problem can be controlled if and only if people began preventing the disease on their own.
Therefore, here’re some of the tips and tricks to understand if you are likely to suffer from obesity. This will help you in taking preventive measures before it gets any worse.
Regularly Check Your BMI
Body Mass Index (BMI) varies from person to person. Do not compare your BMI with others. The best way is to ask your doctor to check your BMI or you can do it on BMI calculator online.
For BMI calculation, divide your weight in kg by the square of your height (in meters). Then match your BMI from below to see in which category you lie.
- Normal BMI lies in the range 18.5-24.9 kg/m2
- BMI between 25-29.9 kg/m2 indicates overweight
- BMI between 30-34.9 kg/m2 indicates obese (Grade I)
- BMI between 35-39.9 kg/m2 indicates obese (Grade II)
- BMI greater than or equal to 40kg/m2 indicates morbidly obese or obese (Grade III)
Check Your Waist Circumference
Waistline measurement helps you understand whether you’re physically fit or prone to obesity. The method of measuring is to place the measuring tape around your waist at the level of your belly button.
- For women, with a waist measurement equal to 80 cm or more, the risk of obesity is high
- For women, with a waist measurement equal to 88 cm or more, the risk of obesity is higher
- For men, with a waist measurement equal to 94 cm or more, the risk of obesity is high
- For men, with a waist measurement equal to 102 cm or more, the risk of obesity is higher
If you fall in any of the above categories, exercising is the best solution. You may regularly workout in the comfortable outfit by Fabletics and reduce your waist to your old figure.
Signs You Are Suffering From Obesity
To make sure you’re not about to become obese, here’re some signs for you.
- You feel tired easily and lack of energy
- You develop skin irritation
- You begin snoring
- Unusually more sweating
- Experiencing joint and back aches
Obesity can give rise to many other problems you can’t even think of. Thus, it is of utmost importance that you eradicate the problems before it strengthens its roots in your body. Once you start getting in shape, you will experience a sudden increase in your energy levels and will feel good about yourself.